After creating your home business website and deciding which products you’re going to sell your attention should now be directed toward developing your Internet marketing strategy to increase your sales. Once you have your advertising strategy in place you should always be brain storming for new techniques and tricks to help boost sales when they seem to have leveled off. Here are five tactics you can employ to help jump start your product sales:
1. Ask influential Internet marketers to beta test your product in exchange for a free copy. These entrepreneurs could then provide testimonials outlining the benefits of your merchandise by highlighting all the problems it can solve for your consumers.
This approach has a double barrel effect in that you not only get a great referral to post on your home business page but you also have a high profile name associated with your product which can only increase your sales and give added credibility to your business in general.
2. Offer your product at discount prices which undercut similar merchandise prices on the Internet market. Even if this initial sales point only covers your cost of production you will have new customers to up sell more expensive merchandise to so you can make your money on the back end of the process. This is also a great way to move products which have become stagnant and aren’t selling well at the time.
3. Make sure you include lots of free items and bonuses for purchasing your product. Add up the value of this merchandise as it’s presented on your sales page so the potential customer can see the added value associated with their initial investment.
This is a great influencer because people believe they’ve gotten a real bargain and come out of the process feeling good about their purchase. This positive feeling may also influence future buying decisions by your current customers.
4. Always approach the sale as if your potential client is going to say yes. Always be positive and upbeat in your ad copy and try to avoid words like “if” and “suppose”. Influence the consumer by saying “when you purchase you’re going to experience profits like you’ve never seen before.” People will begin to envision these final outcomes and see themselves as the recipient of all of these benefits.
5. Make a free trial version of your product available to your potential customers. Give it to them for free for 30 days as a trial period and when they see that it really does what you claim it can do then sell them on the final version. This is also a great way to request testimonials and product endorsements from your free trial recipients. You could offer a 10% discount on their purchase for their words of approval to post on your home business website.
By using some or all of these tried and true sales techniques your customer base, your email list and your home business profits should increase exponentially thereby firmly establishing you as a force to be reckoned with online.
Bob Withers is a professional sales and marketing person with over twenty years in the field. He has now set his sights on Affiliate Marketing and creating successful Home Based Businesses online to apply his trade. If you want to get in touch with Bob or learn more about Affiliate Marketing or setting up an Internet based Home Business please visit:
Free Home Business and Affiliate Marketing Advice